simply plastering

You turn up at the job and customer wants you to teach them everything while you do your job at the same time. This would add approx 50% longer than originally planned. What do you do?
it wouldent be like that dm because the plastering lesson is arranged in advance, nobodys just turning up and are going to be expected to give plastering lessons out of the blue

Sponsored Links
Ponyagent, you get a job rewire a full house, don't know how much this would be so say £2000. You turn up at the job and customer wants you to teach them everything while you do your job at the same time. This would add approx 50% longer than originally planned. What do you do?

agree and explain that it will take longer and agree a new price based on the extra time taken,
i have recently done something similar on a job though it was not the homeowner but a person looking for experiance, they helped and actually paid me to make up for the time lost . they did a couple of days and they were happy to pay and i was happy to help

Sponsored Links
More to plastering than mixing and skimming.
all depends on what your wanting out of it hes a sparky so being able to skim and make good a wall after doing some chases would most def be in his favour and it wont take him long to learn that

I personally think this thread has been milked as far as it can why dont we move on and let people who want to know how to get things concerning our God given skills done...... ;)

all plasterers I know wouldn't entertain it either, times money.

you would be paid for the time though ??????????????

It has nothing to do with the money. Apprenticeships are the only credible option for training, IMO.

More to plastering than mixing and skimming.

thought you were talking about the money :?:

Yes my times is worth money but I won't take money to release a cowboy onto the public.

I am NOT A COWBOY

Neither are you or will be a plasterer after a days training, or 5 or 6. Just my opinion.

not expecting to be either

people go on three week courses to be electricians , they wont be real sparks will they ,but nothing wrong in them doing a course if they want to , and lets face it there is a lot more damage they can do then someone who leaves a wall rough and lumpy
nothing wrong in protecting a trade but be realistic my wanting to improve a rough ability to enable me to provide a service to my customers and fix a few walls in my house is not going to take food of your table

Here we go again.
Ponyagent comes onto this forum, looking for a little advice, as regards to learning the basics of plastering, which will help him to sort out his job at home. The first couple of pages go well with possitive/helpful advice being given, then along comes DM with his usual unhelpful rant/s about "i wouldn't do this, i wouldn't do that" etc. Then along comes Peaps2, or whatever his name is,, spouting his usual cr@p, then finishes off saying that Ponagent is a cowboy. People come on here looking/asking for advice, not to be slagged off. If you can't provide a decent constructive answer, then clear off and leave it to those who can!!

Get a grip pal.
If you look back i said to go on a course as he will get more trowel time

no one in their right mind would go to a customers house and show them everything they know about plastering. Thats unless they are a one man band like yourself and 90% of the posters in this section, and struggle to fill their working week.

Here we go again.
Ponyagent comes onto this forum, looking for a little advice, as regards to learning the basics of plastering, which will help him to sort out his job at home. The first couple of pages go well with possitive/helpful advice being given, then along comes DM with his usual unhelpful rant/s about "i wouldn't do this, i wouldn't do that" etc. Then along comes Peaps2, or whatever his name is,, spouting his usual cr@p, then finishes off saying that Ponagent is a cowboy. People come on here looking/asking for advice, not to be slagged off. If you can't provide a decent constructive answer, then clear off and leave it to those who can!!

The guy is in the trade and said himself he is ok with mixes, patching and skimming small areas. I gave him my opinion on giving a days training on the job and said the reason I wouldn't is so another cowboy isn't released onto the public, didn't call him a cowboy. It's a dit advice forum not an advice forum for trades who want to save cash on jobs by doing jobs they are not upto, but wait, he is upto it...

Stop brown nosing with the other girlies just because you don't like a couple who give good advice when it goes again yours.

Grow up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back