single, lonely and desperate thread (and maybe depressed)

Sponsored Links
Make sure the Fuel Testing Unit doesn't stop you or you will not be lonely any more. You will, however, be desperate and probably depressed. :cry:

petewood said:
How's it running, what mix are you up to?

40% veggie oil, 60% diesel. once the tank is empty i might go for 50/50 dpeending on how it runs now

Sponsored Links
I used to hate going to town for a night out, the thought of people pushing and queueing to get to the bar for half an hour isn't my cup of tea, but then i discovered tuesday nights in doncaster ;) in my opinion, the best night of the week! Can get served in most places in under 5 mins, nowhere is too full. Officially known as goth night, but many places play indie, pop-rock, cool music.

Andrew, you say your music tastes sway towards metal, why not find out if newcastle has a goth night ;) (like tuesdays in doncaster) and take a couple of friends out, i bet you will find something for all tastes in newcastle.

PS. i know a single lass who lives in newcastle most of the year, shes at the university there, want me to introduce you? ;)

PPS. what car do you drive? And why a diesel?

crafty1289 said:
Andrew, you say your music tastes sway towards metal, why not find out if newcastle has a goth night ;) (like tuesdays in doncaster) and take a couple of friends out, i bet you will find something for all tastes in newcastle.

there is a rock club in newcastle. been before. 8-9 month ago... i probably go back sometime. hopefully ill talk some people into goin

Try Speed-dating... I tried it once, was a great laugh. I didn't go in planning to meet the next Mrs W, which was lucky because I didn't meet her! :LOL: But it's a great laugh. I met some lovely girls, got a few dates out of it, had a laugh. I should also say that one of my mates ended up with a psychotic girlfriend who menstruated on his housemate's towels and was arrested after shouting racial slurs at some poor bloke in Islington... but I'm sure that is a rare occurrence :LOL:

You have to remember a simple fact: there is almost exactly 1 woman to every man on Earth, so unless you are insane, hideous, with a BO problem, then it is rather unlikely you will remain single forever.

Andrew, there are plenty of universities around your way, and EVERY university has a "rocksoc". Have a look at their websites, find out what clubs they go to. THIS time of year is the best, as there are plenty of new "freshers" who are only to keen to meet new faces at the start of their studies. And rock clubs are one of the friendliest of places on Earth (second only to goth concerts!). People talk to people, if you go often then you get to know people.

In fact, rock clubs are probably the only type of nightclub that could accurately be called part of a "social" life :LOL:

Finding people with the right taste can be difficult, I appreciate that. However... I used to spend a lot of time at "Excels" in Birmingham a few years ago, and a lot of the music they played there is now regarded as recommended listening for all teens (Nirvana, Placebo, Marilyn Manson, Korn, System of a Down and so forth). So just point out they will be hearing the next top 40 rock acts several years before the less open-minded punters ;)

I'd give my right arm to be in your place and have some piece and quiet, can't wait for the missus to go away with her mates and the kids back at school luxury! :D

Sponsored Links
Back