Single skin block wall roof to wall runner an issue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small outbuilding built around 10x10ft in single skin medium density block. I have a 4% pitch roof and want the high point of the beams to sit within the wall to keep the roof blocked from the close fencing as its within the boundary. So my idea was a wooden 2x5 wall plate (runner) bolted around 100mm down the inside face of the block work using 8 M10 masonry bolts that go around 50mm into the block with the rafters (2x4) notched and screwed on to this sloping down to a standard wallplate on top of the front wall. Its a small pent roof so the back is a little higher than the front. Will this be satisfactory to hold weight or could it buckle the wall say with my 80kg self sat on top when doing the roof? Or would it be best to add in those masonry joist brackets between a small coarse of top bricks hanging down?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back