Single skin porch plasterboard at window reveal question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

About to line out our single skin porch. Method proposed to be used is membrane, 25x38 battens, then either 50/75mm celotex and plasterboard or PL4000

My question is around the window reveals (external corners). 25mm batten don't seem to give much to fix to for the board in the reveals. Is there a method for achieving a good fixing around this area? either a bigger batten or adhesive?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
Are you insulating the reveals? being single leaf brickwork surely they are minimal? I would just put a timber lining around the window and butt the boards up to the lining (similar to an internal door lining) and paint as you are likely to get condensation here anyway, so plasterboard would just get wet and show mould over time.

Hi.

Was really looking for plasterboard in the reveals.

The only other thing I can think of is a 3x2 stud all round filled with insulation, or bringing out the timbers around the reveals?

Watching a PL4000 vid on youtube, they rebate the PL4000 around the external corners and butt up the join with adhesive, but this still would only give me a 25mm timber to fix into on the reveal, and rely on the adhesive to hold the joint.

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
Just to add I could batten the walls where there is no window and stud the wall which has a door and small window in it but wondered if there was an easier way with battens

cheers

Paul

You can use expanding foam to fix celotex to your reveals, but you will have to cut some batons to brace it in place while it cures.

change of plan and a quick question

Im going to go for this solution starting from external wall: Breather membrane, 4x2 timber, 100mm insulation, vapour control barrier.

Does there need to be an airgap between the start of the stud and single skin wall or can it be butted upto the external wall?

Cheers

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back