Single storey extension flat roof height

You'd have to counter baton the joists, but yes.

Sponsored Links
What do you mean by counter batten , I'm not good with roofing I am more groundwork biased

if you had pipes in they would only vent one joist space, do you'd have to add batons going at 90 degrees to the joists to vent the whole roof void.

Sponsored Links
Do you hate my window ? Lol it lets a nice bit of light to the hallway and stairwell

they do a vent thats goes behind lead flashing to vent front to back how good they i dont know but think you would struggle under window

Do you hate my window ? Lol it lets a nice bit of light to the hallway and stairwell
Not really no. The ease of replacing that window and making good the sill etc would be a synch compared to the other suggested faffs.
And you will still have a window, but one with a higher sill.

You should also have a 150mm upstand. Plus a ventilated upstand would add an additional min 25mm to the upstand height. And with a cold roof you would probably need some insulation below the joists. Probably less than 50 mm between a cold and warm roof thickness.

Could you run a gutter along house and slope the roof towards it.

Sloping the roof towards the house ? I thought that would cause more problems than my bloody window

You are asking for advice and several experienced people have told you
that you need to change your window for a smaller one, preferably an escape window.
Don't forget your skylights.

Yes the message is getting thru i will probably change the window for one with 300mm less height that will give me plenty of space for a warm roof
Thanks all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back