single story extension advice

@op, sorry, just noticed your post re the studwork :oops:

Lol its ok

Im an engineer by trade

I do know the local steel supplier thats why i was thinking steels may be easier and hopefully i can get the materials a bit cheaper and fab cost minimal

Gonna try and get a quote based on that drawing tomorrow i think

Il update

Blocks would be cheaper i agree but then id need the studding replaced or to create a perpendicular wall for strength

Steel just makes it less hassle all round i think

Sponsored Links
i had a quote for steel and im looking about £1500 which im happy about

going to start digging now i think

so top of padstone height needs to be same as top of footing height in trench?

as the foundations go therefore to satisfy building control they need to be 600 wide and 1000 deep

how much concrete is then poured?

i only ask as this will determine how much deeper than the trench i need to go (if any) to form my 450 deep padstones as ideally they want to be poured at the same time i understand?

cheers

Hi all

Bit of an update

Footing in and bricked upto dpc and drain moved

Next hurdle is to measure steal so tbey are waiting to be i stalled when bricked up

Question is regarding supporting a cavity wall

I cannot use pins i dont think as joists for upstairs run parallel with the wall im knocking through and strongs boys are only good for one leaf im led to believe?

How on earth therefore do i support the wall?

Or will the steal have to be placed lower than the upstairs joists so i can properly support each leaf of the wall?

Cheers from
Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back