Sliding Wardrobe Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after some feedback on this frame I have built for a triple sliding wardrobe doors. Basically there will be a laminated side panel attached to the right hand side which will match the wardrobe colour (cashmere) and the remainder of the wood will be plaster boarded and plastered to match the wall colour (being painted something different!)

The issue I have or feel I might have is do you think when the sliding doors close on the timber to the right in the picture, the shock will crack the plaster above, since that bit of timber is only screwed to the floorboards, the timber above and the noggins that connect to the timber attached to the wall... opinions?

20180820_200648.jpg

Sponsored Links
Don't know the answer to what you are asking but I am planning on doing something similar. I will be running some timber also between the two uprights, mainly as needed for the door tracks, but that might also give some lateral support.

Don't know the answer to what you are asking but I am planning on doing something similar. I will be running some timber also between the two uprights, mainly as needed for the door tracks, but that might also give some lateral support.

That's a fair comment. I can't do this now since the opening height is correct for standard size doors

Sponsored Links
Not sure about preventing the cracking (it may not happen) but if it does, there are a number of paints, such as Dulux basecoat, that is quite flexible and maybe able to cover any cracks, and prevent the paint topcoat from cracking. We used it on a couple of problem areas with success.

Bit of a bodge, but it does the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back