Slightly Damp Compression Joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a slightly damp compression joist under a very difficult area...a vanity unit. Its not dripping, or creating dampness other than a very very small damp area on the joint. Its obviously weeping out from the joint but I'm loathe to overtighten it. Its very difficult to get spanners on anyway.

Is it anything to over worry about or should I go back in and try and tighten the joints up ?

Sponsored Links
A pic could help but if it's not actually dripping I wouldn't worry.....it couldn't be condensation, could it?
For sure, the joint isn't going to fail catastrophically.
John :)

Thanks John...thats what I thought. I don't think its condensation but its possible given it's the cold feed and it's in an enclosed space in a vanity unit I've just fitted that did have some water spilt and is quite warm next to the hot feed. But yes the joint looks OK but if it is weeping its around the thread and not the top of the fitting which is a 15mm isolating valve. Just nipped it up a fraction more and will see.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back