slipped tiles - temporary fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two (plain clay) tiles slipped out of place on the edge of my roof and bridged the gutter. Consequently water coming off the roof was pouring down the side of the house and soaking the wall. I have been up and tried to reposition the tiles but the nibs have broken off and they won't hook over the battens any longer. At the moment they are held up by friction with the tiles above them.

Is there any temporary clip system available I could install which would attach them to the tiles either side? If so, where would I buy them and what should I ask for? I need to get up there and repair them before we get another big downpour or strong wind!

The whole roof needs to be re-tiled but we do not have the dosh at the moment and are saving to do this in a couple of years or so.

Sponsored Links
Roofer said:
Just stick them in with Gripfill; that should last

Glue! Now why did I not think of that?

Probably because I wouldn't have known what glue to buy.
Thanks for the advice.

use "stick like s**t", it will work even in predominantly damp conditions, unlike gripfill.

Sponsored Links
Sorry if this looks like thread jack but just wanted to get opinion

I've got a new place thats starting to suffer with nail rot plus it needs to be insulated so i'm tempted to try Spray foam insulation as it would kill the 2 birds with one stone ( or so the sales pitch says)

Does anyone have experience good or bad with this stuff ?

Do a search on whatever trade name you've seen.

Or search +spray +foam on the roofing and guttering forum.

Or search Warmroof or Sprayseal.

Not encouraging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back