sloped brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone tell me how to go about building a brick wall that starts at 5 bricks high and will slop down on a path down to 1 brick on a path. does the footing have to go in at an angle matching the wall angle , any links would be very helpful
thanks col

Sponsored Links
always lay footings level.

step the footings down with the ground level.

the steps should be measured in courses of whatever brick or block you are using. generally work with 75mm increments (or multiples of 75mm depending on steepness of fall or step size) and you can't go far wrong.

you can then either reduce the wall height in stepped courses or by cutting the bricks.

p038b_small.gif

bloke did that on a front garden wall about 1 metre high down the road from me. As we live on a hill he decided it would be quicker and cheaper to lay a footing that matched the slope of the hill. As you walk up the road opposite you have a wonderful head on view of the sloping wall. Looks.....****ed, pants, cocked up, crap, cheap and nasty, very very silly.

(perhaps he should have gone with my quote ho hum! always makes me giggle!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back