Small crack in lead flashing - repair

Sponsored Links
rob600,

As above, best would be to remove that attempt at a chase in, and fit a new saddle that will go wide & be chased into the bed, and will cover the last ridge tile by about 100mm.

Dont tuck anything down the gap. Just leave the old lead in place, it will be covered.

Thanks.

sort of like the first image shown on this page, but with the saddle sitting on top of the ridge tile as opposed to under it?

Saddles always under hence the name...
If you are happy to go over the ridge be prepared for potential water tracking back onto the existing saddle left in place.
Someone will always have a better/worse way to do things but sticking with that photo serve you well

Wrong - lead saddles at abutments and valley ridges go on top of the first ridge tile.

Sponsored Links
They can go under but thats a long way from: "Saddles always under" - they go over, just as the Sheet Lead Assn have been teaching on their courses and printing in their manual for years.

"Saddles always" to "Only instance"

Was that the Scotch Jonny Mac who got done for pinching lead? Never knew he did quotes?

With the glorious benefit of hindsight I admit the word only was an overreaction on my part.
Have you any examples of your preferred saddle choice going over the ridge.
Valley or abutments.

How about the glorious benefit of properly reading my #21 post?

"Saddles always" to "Only instance"

Was that the Scotch Jonny Mac
That's the Scotch Johnny Walker.........the Scottish man is called a Scot. McEnroe is of Irish descent. It's a pity your pedantry is not matched by your ability to spell, tel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back