Small Job - advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Last Year, we had new interphone installed - but the size of the interphone being different means additional work need to be completed as per picture attached.

pretty new to DIY, so looking for direction, but ideally was thinking.

- Unscrew the unit, so that apply some Filler. Sand it smoothly and then paint it.

Anything else I missed?

by the way, what kind of Screw do I need to unscrew this?

Many thanks,

Or should I get the trade man to come it to unscrew it while I do the paint / filling job so to avoid any warranty issue.

PS I would have expected the interphone company to take care of this, but it seems that was not the case when quoted....

Attachments

• 20200320_073633_resized.jpg
    20200320_073633_resized.jpg
    565.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 20200320_073656_resized.jpg
    20200320_073656_resized.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 277
  • 20200320_073730_resized.jpg
    20200320_073730_resized.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 279
Sponsored Links
Mask it up and paint around it. If you take it off the wall you always run the risk of disconnecting wires inside.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for the advice - good call about myself unscrewing the unit out.
This was installed last spring / summer so I guess I could get the trade man to come in to take it out in a morning so that i can do the necessary work.
I might be OCD, but if I tape it, I can not see how to make good neatly... as I need to apply some filling, sand it before to paint it.

Its a little difficult to tell, but the plate may be an escutcheon......that is, bigger than the unit itself so removing the front plate reveals a smaller box behind, which is easier to fill to.
Bear on mind though, those screws are ‘tamperproof’ the pip in the centre doesn’t allow a normal torx bit to work.
John :)

Thanks John so you have just make it easier! Trade man to come back and take out the unit while I do the finishing job :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back