Small wall cabinet fixing - small question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Very small question I hope. I have a bathroom wall unit that I want to attachch. It comes in 2 parts. A wider mirror fronted unit about 40cm wide and a small unit that is about 10-15cm wide. Both come with normal cabinet brackets for attaching to the wall, however I don't really see the point in using 2 brackets on the smaller unit.

It's similar to a small wine rack unit often seen in kitchens.

Can I simply screw the 2 units together and only attach the larger unit to the wall? Is this okay practice. It well be difficult getting the brackets into the small unit, let alone turn the screws.

Sponsored Links
I would say this is not good practice.
Although screwing the two cabinets together will help keep cabinets level and tight up. It will not offer a great secure fix for the smaller cabinet and compromise the security of the larger cabinet at the same time.
If you can not get two fixing points at the top of the smaller cabinet, install at least one at the top and one at the bottom, plus the additional screwing of both cabinets together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back