Smart key fob learning issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone I am having annoying issue with my smart keys which no longer connecting after having the panel firmware updated. Tried relearning the keys but the 20second timer runs down but key does not get paired again. I have followed the Texecom YouTube video to the letter. Any help is very much appreciated as this is driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I have a smart com system as well as I have other wireless devices (Ricochet) connected such smoke alarms.

Thanking in advance as I would really appreciate any help or advice in trying to fix this.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/texcom-smartkey-pairing.535682/#ixzz6flDkyqBl

Sponsored Links
sounds like the fobs are already assigned in the panel.

you will need to go through the user settings and attempt to learn then delete each users smart key allocation.

sometimes flashing bewteen certain versions of firmware the allocations change (usually between major revisions say 4 to 5, rather than 5.x to 5.y)
the bigger the gap in versions the more likely it is that the allocations have changed.

you other wireless devices working also???

Hi, yes my other wireless devices seem to be working fine. You mention that ha I got to learn and the delete users smart key allocation. Is there any specific way I have to do that? Given I am not able to learn the fobs at the moment?. Once again thanks for your help so far.

Yes.

The manual should cover deleting smartkeys from the the setup users menu, but you will have to do this for every single user, it still may not work.
I would do that first, if it doesnt work, then look at the delete all function.(smartkeys only) if that doesnt work you are looking at deleting all wireless devices potentially and its now starting to get messy.

I rarely add smart keys to systems, advise against them due to lack of security.
When i flash panels up I often delete wireless devices off first and then flash up, then look at re adding as this is often less troublesome route.
When it comes to larger systems I take the chance and walk test and check every wireless device, if there is a problem i wipe it clean and relearn the lot as its easier sometimes to start with clen plate and add to it. rather than to take off one specific pea on plate full.

Sponsored Links
That is great. Thank you I will try this and hopefully it will solve the issues. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated. If it works I will post back so that it may assist others as well. Have a great weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back