Smart meters not compatible with underfloor heating

Sponsored Links
My gas supplier is also my electric supplier.
Which is a fair comment, but the OP specifically says that his gas supplier phoned him about a smart meter. etc. Whether gas and electric are supplied by the same company doesn't really matter.
They're still separate meters surely?
Whatever it just sounds like somebody is getting mixed up with gas and electric heating.

Sponsored Links
It may be a blessing in disguise if you do some research into smart meters, I would never have one or move into a property where one was installed.
http://emwatch.com/sitemap/
litl
I've never been keen on the idea. Great idea if it was just a remotely readable meter, but they have become more. At some time in the future they could possibly be used as a stick to beat us with in some way. Higher payments, which would be bound to have a "green tax" element, for people who use over a certain amount etc.

Same with the information gathering capability that's been quietly slipped into cars.

Where I went to on holiday they had a problem with people not paying for electricity.

They came up with a very smart solution.

Each house was fitted with a wireless power controller.

They then have a wireless hand unit which signals when to turn the power on.

You have to buy a code to enter into the hand unit and then it turns on your power!

They now have almost enough power to supply demand and there are virtually no load shedding power cuts any more!

I wouldn't mind paying "up front" for electricity (I don't have gas here) as long as it was cheaper, and not more expensive. When we first move in here, the place had been let out, and the electricity board had installed a key meter, due to the bills not getting paid. We moved in, realised it was more expensive that way and had it changed back to a credit meter. Very easy, they were happy to do that with my previous record of bill payment.
I couldn't get them to send me a bill though! I wrote three or four times, and each time I'd get a reply but nothing would happen. In the end I wrote to the head man, and got an apology, and a fair bit of compensation for the hassle.
I wonder what'd have happened if I'd just let it go. . .

I wouldn't mind paying "up front" for electricity (I don't have gas here) as long as it was cheaper, and not more expensive. When we first move in here, the place had been let out, and the electricity board had installed a key meter, due to the bills not getting paid. We moved in, realised it was more expensive that way and ha
smart pre- payment gas is always dearer which doesn't make sense, why can't it be the same when they collect the same information the same way and can only use gas what they paid for in advance , they should get it cheaper

All of the pre payment systems need a payment in a shop where the shopkeeper gets a commission of perhaps 5%.

That has to be covered.

The Gov said that prepayment should be no more expensive! But it still is !

you will find its dam more than 5% and again its normally the poorer that gets hit ,but still can't understand why its still dearer with smart meters because you don't go to the shop to get the credit its done on-line and about 98% of people i know do it on-line . so again why is it dearer for pre-payment ? surely its a benefit to the supplier with payment up front and also meter reading is done remote so what are you paying extra for ???:confused:

It most definitely would!
litl
smart meters are going to be the norm by 2018 so if your that adamant it looks like you better get your sleeping bag and start getting used to a smell of p*ss under your nose :ROFLMAO:. seriously if looking for a house to buy and see one you really like , you are going to refuse buying it because it has a smart meter if so you've got something wrong with you:censored::censored::censored::ROFLMAO: so what is the reason ????????? have you actually looked for a house to buy ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back