Smart Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and girls…

I need some help with smart light switches for the uk. I’ve had a look at the back of my current standard switch which looks like the image attached

image1280×958 260 KB

This is a 2 gang socket which controls ceiling lights and lights under the wall cupboards in a kitchen. We want to keep the same functionality.

From I see/ understand in the picture

COM - this is the Live cable - there appears to be smaller piece of wire connecting both “COM” terminals but also an individual wire feeding straight into the terminals

Neutral (blue) - this isn’t connected but is there so I assume I could buy either smart switch type (requires neutral and does not require neutral) there appears to be 4 wires in a terminal block why 4?

There are two L1 sockets at the bottom which I believe feeds the lights themselves.

If I were to buy the switch attached, how would I wire this up?

image949×550 46.1 KB

Thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
Simples.
The brown wire that goes to the COM on the old switch goes to L on smart switch

run a bit of wire from the neutral block to the N terminal. CBA to explain why there are 4 there already.

Thst will leave you with a couple of brown wires on the L1 terminals on the two existing switches. Those will go on the output terminals L1 L2…

If your smart switch has an earth terminal then earth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back