smeg double electric oven wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just got our new electric double oven and thought we could wire up as the same as last one to the mains with RCD trip with a cooker socket so as to turn off to the right of oven, but at the back of the oven, other than the mains wiring part, there are 3 other small wires coming from the back bottom of oven one red, one green and a yellow & one black we have no idea what these are for as we did not have them on the other oven. Could anyone tell us what these are for and how they should be wired :?: Would be very grateful as we have just had part of the house re-wired and a new consumer unit installed and don't want any more expense if we can help it.

Sponsored Links
We have just got our new electric double oven and thought we could wire up as the same as last one to the mains with RCD trip with a cooker socket so as to turn off to the right of oven, but at the back of the oven, other than the mains wiring part, there are 3 other small wires coming from the back bottom of oven one red, one green and a yellow & one black we have no idea what these are for as we did not have them on the other oven. Could anyone tell us what these are for and how they should be wired :?: Would be very grateful as we have just had part of the house re-wired and a new consumer unit installed and don't want any more expense if we can help it.

Have you RTFM?

There is nothing in the manual about these other wires just about the main connection we evn went on Smeg site nothing there either the oven is DUF44X Double oven

Do the wires look as though they should be sticking out of the oven or could they have been pulled out in transit. Perhaps if you rang the Smeg service line they may advise.It seems unusual to have wires sticking OUT of a cooker. They will probably send an engineer out.

Sponsored Links
Thank you every one who has responded, we have found an electrician who has installed Smeg ovens before he tells us that the wires are something to do with abroad and he just puts them into an end terminal I think he said.

Yes it is a brand new oven and the smeg technical drawing and installation on the internet doesn't even show them, not very good really, this electrician said when he first came across it he had to ring them up as he didn't know what they were for.

They probably don't show them or mention them so that you use their engineers

I'm just adding to this old thread. I have a smeg induction oven here. Removed the multi core 6mm cable from old oven and now looking at the back of this smeg oven. I dont see how I make a good connection unless I am supposed to use 6mm Crimp on lugs? Attached pic of area plus cable for suze

Attachments

• 20231213_185412.jpg
    20231213_185412.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
The screws screw down in between the upright sides of the terminal.

You feed the strands of the wire round the screw and back.

1702495048763.png

Thankyou for replying i guess you replied whilst i was fitting. I found some 6mm Crimp lugs and wired up now. Hopefully it won't blow up. I dont like it anyway wife's choice not mine!

Attachments

• 20231213_192524.jpg
    20231213_192524.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 78

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back