Smoke Alarm - NL3602 - Changing Battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Smoke Alarm is making a chirping/beeping sound indicating low battery.

I haven't changed this for 4/5 years but do recall it being a total pita. :D

The battery drawer is stuck so I cannot change the battery.

I don't recall whether I had to stick something into the keyslot (e.g. screwdriver) to force it open or just keep trying to pull at the battery drawer a bit harder.

Can anyone help please?

Stay safe and stay indoors!

Ta

P.

Attachments

• IMG-20191104-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20191104-WA0007.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 367
Sponsored Links
It may have come with a "key" but a bit of probing in the slot above with a small screwdriver should release it lift a tab up or push down one of the two.

Hi Footprints, thanks for the reply. Don't have a key but I was able to use a pair of pliers to grip the battery tray better and give it a yank to get to the battery. I have now taken some pictures and notes so that if I need to replace again I'll have a clue on what to do!

:)

Sponsored Links
Hi Piggybucket, my smoke detector has been beeping away last few days so think it needs a battery replacement. It looks similar to yours. I am having a similar problem to yours - no key for key slot and the battery carriage. Did you insert anything into the key slot when you managed to grip the battery tray with pliers to get it out? I've tried the pliers but am worried that I may end up breaking it ...
20200730_163610.jpg
20200731_095350.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back