Snapped boiler filler key

Get a fat screw, longest you have. Heat it up so it softens the plastic and screw it in. Let it cool. Then you have a chance to turn it either way. Or melt a slot for a very big screwdriver using a hot vbs.

A kob best left until January.

Sponsored Links
How much should I be expected to be charged for someone to fit me a replacement Worcester 24i Junior charging link? I have ordered the replacement part.

Sponsored Links
Mines been stuck in there for 10 years without issue, means I don't lose it. Save your part for when another bit of plastic breaks and get both replaced together.

I had a similar problem where the key was very tight to remove. But rather than risk snapping it, I've left it in situ and just use the filling screw to control the fill.

How much should I be expected to be charged for someone to fit me a replacement Worcester 24i Junior charging link? I have ordered the replacement part.
Why on earth would you do that if it's not causing an immediate problem?
Have you even tried the methods suggested?

I have had 2 of these snap in my boiler, both times I removed the bits using the above methods and both times the assembly is perfectly OK, it's just a new key I needed.
I have also left the bit in there for a few years while I got around to replacing it with a new key. (tip - buy the new key before removing the broken bit).

Yes I have tried the above suggestions without success, the red light is still flashing, and no hot water. As I cannot remove the broken piece of key, the only option I see available is to replace the charging link.

Take a reasonably tight-fitting, but not too tight screwdriver, blather the pointy end with Araldite, and push it into the hole in the broken key. Leave it long enough to set, then pull it out.

Yes I have tried the above suggestions without success, the red light is still flashing, and no hot water. As I cannot remove the broken piece of key, the only option I see available is to replace the charging link.

That will not cure the red light issue. Red light can be another cost. If the boiler is 10 years old or so then I'd not spend to much money on it.

Have you looked on YouTube about resetting boiler?

Guys, will his red light and no hot water problem be because of the broken key? (I doubt it if there is enough pressure in the boiler.)

How easy/difficult is it to replace a Worcester Junior charging link? Manual mentions a blanking plug but I cannot see one in situ.

Sponsored Links
Back