broken filler key in worcester bosch 24 cdi (smaller key)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help i have a broken key in filler position of worcester bosch 24cdi is there any way of getting it out without stripping down advice would be greatly recieved

Sponsored Links
Long nose pliers I should imagine, but not a difficult job to replace the filling loop if needs be.

Use stud extractors knock up something similar in micobore tube.

thanks for quick reply ollski will try that how do i change filler loop if it dosnt work

Sponsored Links
heatho said:
thanks for quick reply ollski will try that how do i change filler loop if it dosnt work

Turn the stopcock off open all your hot and cold water taps and swap the filling loop over....I can't picture it exactly but there are two square metal clips and screws at either end just replace it using the new o rings.

cant the key be left in place. just turn the tap at the side on and off to fill and stop.

ollski said:
heatho said:

Turn the stopcock off open all your hot and cold water taps and swap the filling loop over....I can't picture it exactly but there are two square metal clips and screws at either end just replace it using the new o rings.[/quote

If he has a key, isn`t this an integral filling loop?

a. Contraveness water regs

b. Half the cdi's I come across have had the fill valve sheared off or chewed up with pliers so they are difficult to tell if they are truly turned off. With the link out easy to tell.

Just to check... we are discussing the white, plastic key that inserts into the bayonet conection in the bottom of the boiler?

Once you've got a new one, you'll need some careful work with long-nose pliers etc to winkle out the broken bit. Until you've got the new one, leave the broken bit where it is in case you need to re-pressurise the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back