1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

worcester bosch filling loop query

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by tomoliver87, 4 Nov 2012.

1. tomoliver87

tomoliver87

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,

I've been searching the web and this forum, but I can't find an exact answer to this query. I have a Worcester Bosch 27 cdi. All works fine, however I'm bleeding a rad in. I can't get any pressure back into the system.. I've got the key in, and turned to the lock padlock position, plenty of vids on YouTube to show how this is done.

When I open the little white valve... Water isn't going into the boiler, it's just dumping out of either the white screw or through the key. My guess is that something was blocking the path into the system, and a seal has gone but since I haven't done this procedure for a couple of years, I thought I'd check whether the valve should dump water out if for example the key was in the wrong position.. or is the leak an indication its in need of a replacement fillling loop?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2. Sponsored Links
  3. dcawkwell

dcawkwell

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. tomoliver87

tomoliver87

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I took the boiler cover off to have a look, and yes you must be right because water was coming out from above the key, so I tried wiggling it and removing and reinventing a few times... I'm not certain what I actually did, but it worked.

Asif by magic, after a day of swearing at it, the moment I post for some advice it seems to work! Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

An engineer that can't get inserting a key right... Feeling sheepish now!

Tom

5. 1983

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not to worry its a bugger to get in sometimes, next time put a bit soap or washing up liquid on the o rings on the key, it'll go home a lot easier.

6. Dan Robinson

Dan Robinson

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ooohhh eeerrr... sounds like fun :D

7. sherbert

sherbert

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    And the washing up liquid will destroy the o-rings .... Just spit on it .... OOOEEERRRRRRRRR MISSUS

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links