So, how long before a lockdown/curfew?

Can't see that happening. The old have much weaker immune systems.

Which is somewhat confusing.

You'd think a weaker immune system would make you more likely to succumb to the virus. However,
I have also heard a number of experts saying it is strong and vigorous immune systems going hell for leather, and causing the inflammatory response that is causing people to die.

Sponsored Links
A woman near my locality is in hospital on a ventilator with corona. She is 90.
Just saying.
Cannot see a young person getting her place.

They still have capacity at the moment.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/23/icu-doctors-tough-decisions-coronavirus-uk

The magnitude of the coronavirus pandemic will involve making decisions that, in normal times, doctors aren’t confronted with: decisions about which patients to treat in ICU when not all can be.

Which is somewhat confusing.

You'd think a weaker immune system would make you more likely to succumb to the virus. However,
I have also heard a number of experts saying it is strong and vigorous immune systems going hell for leather, and causing the inflammatory response that is causing people to die.

if that was true, then the age breakdown of patients dying would show the young had a better chance of surviving than the old. The reverse is true.

Sponsored Links
A woman near my locality is in hospital on a ventilator with corona. She is 90.
Just saying.
Cannot see a young person getting her place.

Sadly, you do not know the principles of Triage.

if that was true, then the age breakdown of patients dying would show the young had a better chance of surviving than the old. The reverse is true.

You are making a direct correlation between chronological age, and health. Which we already know not to be so.

If age is the absolute determinant of good health, why bother "looking after yourself"?

He'll be on the BBC at 8-30pm - how would he dare to only appear on Sky.

It seems anyone's immune system can go into overdrive and also people are likely to be put on a ventilator when they show pneumonia like symptoms. That is how it has been described. Pneumonia that is as easy to get as catching a common cold as cross infection rates are very high.

Death and the virus made me wonder about China - anyone remember the little red book and exercise for all including the elderly?

Key worker or not

If one cannot get spares or kit due to supplier out let's shutting down

Then that's that

And its a lockdown.
Although my dogs are complaining about the "only go out for 1 exercise a day" bit.
My GSD just took me out for his 5th trip of the day.

Due to complete idiots not taking a blind bit of notice to not go out in large numbers or practice social distancing, I give it till about.....8.02 tonight. It’s just got to be done.
Oh well, 30 minutes out - I thought the special announcement was coming on at 8.00. Let’s see if this puts a halt on the idiots. I do think it should have been simultaneously aired on all TV and radio stations though.

Last edited:
I have also heard a number of experts saying it is strong and vigorous immune systems going hell for leather, and causing the inflammatory response that is causing people to die

That is what happened with Spanish flu -many very healthy people died.

With Covid 19 it seems that children under 9 arent affected because their immune systems dont go into overdrive.

I believe 40% of those admitted to hospital in NY are under 24 to 50

Sponsored Links
Back