So what a horrible plan

And you still believe the UK is yet strong enough to stand up to a much larger and more powerful competitor when it has no rights.
What does that even mean? Powerful how?

"Hey pal, as part of this deal you must sell the NHS to Pfizer and rename it The i-NHS Sponsored by WallMart"
"No thanks"
"I'm warning you, pilgrim, we won't sign this deal without the whole Pfizer thing!"
"OK, no deal I guess"
"...uh"

Unlike the EU where we can be outvoted and forced to obey the terms of a trade deal we don't like, the USA can do no such thing. We don't like the terms? We don't have to take them. But again, you are evading the issue that EU trade deals are written for corporate interests whereas the proposed one in the OP is deliberately universal and anti-lobbyist. Chalk and cheese.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What does that even mean? Powerful how?

"Hey pal, as part of this deal you must sell the NHS to Pfizer and rename it The i-NHS Sponsored by WallMart"
"No thanks"
"I'm warning you, pilgrim, we won't sign this deal without the whole Pfizer thing!"
"OK, no deal I guess"
"...uh"

So, translated, that means?

You think we as a stand alone nation are as powerful as the USA to negotiate a trade deal?

Stronger than being with the EU ?

Or is power irrelevant to doing these easy deals.

You seem to understand all about brexit, care to explain any actual positive real benefits and advantages that we are getting ? Any? Some? Just 1 maybe?

And you still believe the UK is simultaneously too weak to act as a constructive member of a union in which it has a voice

It isnt too weak, the Eu is structured in a way that serves its self interest,

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-radical-plan-for-us-uk-brexit-trade-deal-nhs

A radical blueprint for a free trade deal between the UK and the US that would see the NHS opened to foreign competition, a bonfire of consumer and environmental regulations and freedom of movement between the two countries for workers, is to be launched by prominent Brexiters.

This is madness. Pure madness.

If you think privatisation of healthcare will save costs and be cheaper and reduce waste. Well reality paints a different picture. Look at the graph below. The US system of disparate health providers is exceptionally inefficient.

If you think this deal will create jobs and wage growth then you need to look at the realities on the ground in the US.

Brexit, sure but this is economic suicide.
Bolox...The real horrible plan is, set up a common mkt...invite more and more countries,then have one currency,,then have open borders all round,,,then have brussels being the supreme court....then wonder why its all gone tits up!!!!

Sponsored Links
It isnt too weak, the Eu is structured in a way that serves its self interest,

It's a Union of members, run by the members, for the members.

The UK still has votes and a seat on the managing council, is one of the leading members, and helps make the rules.

But has said it will throw all that away.

It's a Union of members, run by the members, for the members.

The UK still has votes and a seat on the managing council, is one of the leading members, and helps make the rules.

But has said it will throw all that away.
Helps make the rules!...exactly...til Merkle over rules evertyhing.

Silly Durham wants a Westminster where Parliament contains only MPs from Durham, nowhere else.

He doesn't understand how democracy works.

He thinks the EU Parliament has nobody in it.

Silly Durham wants a Westminster where Parliament contains only MPs from Durham, nowhere else.

He doesn't understand how democracy works.

He thinks the EU Parliament has nobody in it.
Silly JohnD wishes to be governed by other countries,,,and thinks democracy is voting over and over until he has a vote that suits him,EU parliament,,,rofl,,,consisted of amongst others,,Mr and Mrs Neil Kinnock for about 15 years,,,p farting about being paid a fortune,,,doing sweet f a
How ironic,,,remoaners gagging for In/out ref two,,,lecturing people on good old democracy and respecting the vote!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh there are people there alright, even if only for a few minutes -they dont get their attendance allowance otherwise (y)
A bit like the UNELECTED house of Lords...

But hey, that's the 'democratic' system the quitters want to 'get back' :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back