So what a horrible plan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's great for businesses I'm sure. What makes you think it will be a last moment agreement?

Its a negotiation, its the way it works. The EU will hold out until tge last moment to extract a better deal for themselves.

The EU are desperate to get hold of passporting, if they see an advantage to a better deal to get that, they will. Macron is already enticing the super rich to Paris.

There will be many lobbyists putting pressure on the EU for a deal.

Almost certainly a fudge deal, with many details of trade to be negotiated during a transition.

Unlikely to be a change of government before a deal happens -a new prime minister would then be facing all the flack.

What was written on the referendum ballot paper

I have to admit I didn't read the back of it, did it have an explanation on there?

When I went to vote, I already knew which box I was going to tick. I had done my research. I think it was a bit late to make my mind up as I stood with the voting slip in my hand.

But I didn't understand brexit. Nobody had explained it, or ANY benefits of it.

Looking back, I made the right choice. I still don't know what brexit is.

Maybe you can explain it if you read the back of the voting paper.

If you think privatisation of healthcare will save costs and be cheaper and reduce waste.
But that's not what it says. It says open up to competition, not privatisation. That means we plebs get to choose between the NHS and other options too, instead of being stuck with a state monopoly.

a bonfire of consumer and environmental regulations
About time.

and freedom of movement between the two countries for workers, is to be launched by prominent Brexiters.
You'd think that would please remainers then, but:

This is madness. Pure madness.
You must live in a totally different reality from the rest of us, to read such a proposal and come to that conclusion. The EU has just banned memes and voted for confidential expenses and yet you cling to it like a comfort blanket. And here is a proposal offering more choice, freer trade, more freedom of movement, less regulation, and yet you see only 'madness'. Weird.

Last edited:
According to the commonwealth fund the NHS for 2 years in a row has come first in a survey of 11 countries ,America was bottom of the list.
Is this disparity due to the fact that in private health care you have to factor in a margin
The disparity is mainly due to the survey being deliberately designed to 'get the right answer', i.e. to make the NHS look good. The NHS comes top because there is zero cost at the point of use, whereas any system where the user has to pay even a small fee was counted as a negative, even countries with much better health services like Switzerland. They also graded the NHS good for efficiency because the equipment was in near constant use. But when you think about it, that is actually a way of saying "they don't have enough beds / machines".
But on actual patient outcome (which you'd think was more important) the NHS comes below average. NHS Wales and Scotland are particularly poor performing health services in global terms.
The OECD is less biased and ranks the UK lower than the average. "Efficiency gains would be large with estimates suggesting that public spending savings could amount to almost 2% of 2017 GDP on average for the OECD area and over 3% for Greece, Ireland and the United Kingdom." Basically, if the most important thing you want from a health service is for it to be cheap at the point of use, the NHS is hands down the best. But if you want it to save your life or spend your taxes wisely, go elsewhere.

Last edited:
France and Germany are good local partners. USA are our (soon to be) masters.
But France and Germany already are our masters; they are the de facto owners and operators of the EU.

We are geographically in Europe. Why do you want to be, or consider yourself more American?
If you can't see what we have in common with Americans, Canadians and Australians, more than with the French, there is no hope for you.

Why not move there?
With this new proposal -freedom of movement- that indeed becomes a viable option.

Then find out what the biggest cause of bankruptcy (even for the well off) is. It might surprise you, it should certainly ring alarm bells.
In Canada it is job loss, same as here. Remember, there is more to the world than the USA.

Sponsored Links
Back