So what's classed as essential?

Not any more it doesn't. British radio, and more so TV, is entirely aimed at thick people. Lowest common denominator stuff. Everything is low-brow now. Spoken word radio must have something politically-correct mentioned every 10 seconds; music radio is diabolical, and television now seems to be all cookery and cake baking, with sugar plum fairy cello music in the background.

TV advertising doesn't pay as much as it did and to make sure the Beeb can't keep quality up they limit how much they can charge for the service and the costs of "stars" none of which are on paye goes up and up and up - much like footballers and people who run large company and leave with a massive handshake having messed things up.

Sponsored Links
Not any more it doesn't. British radio, and more so TV, is entirely aimed at thick people. Lowest common denominator stuff. Everything is low-brow now. Spoken word radio must have something politically-correct mentioned every 10 seconds; music radio is diabolical, and television now seems to be all cookery and cake baking, with sugar plum fairy cello music in the background.

TV advertising doesn't pay as much as it did and to make sure the Beeb can't keep quality up they limit how much they can charge for the service and the costs of "stars" none of which are on paye goes up and up and up - much like footballers and people who run large company and leave with a massive handshake having messed things up.

It seems that birthday cards and newspapres are essential purchases.

Or so it seems from what my wife watched today, the supermarket has never been so busy at 5pm than today... weird?
Unfortunately some of us still have to work due to what we do, and its so damn tiring doing our normal work, the additional work due to others not being there and keeping safe distances, cleaning etc.

Sponsored Links
A van? I could never afford or justify a second vehicle. When I had a van I'd give mates a lift home from the pub with them in the back :)

Sponsored Links
Back