So what's the catch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Or isn't there one?

I can get a Sime Murelle combi for £765.

I can get that fitted at mates rates.

The whole job done for about a grand.

It has a TEN YEAR parts and labour guarantee.

Even a humble Ariston for a bit over £600 has a FIVE YEAR guarantee.

Yet Vaillent and WB only offer 2 years. Why? Shouldn't it be the other way round? Shouldn't they be offering the big guarantees and the cheapies the short guarantee?

So what's the catch?

Sponsored Links
Sorry, got to add VAT to those prices.

That`s the catch - 20 . percent that is . Or catch 22 less vat :idea:

Worcester will give 7 year warranty now.

You may get a ten year warranty and this will give you peace of mind but I would go for a better brand and not need to use the warranty.

I replaced a two year old Ferolli boiler last year. It was under warranty but they were sick of it breaking down and while the repairs were done free under warranty they still needed to take time off work about 5 times to get the repairs done.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant advanced installers can offer a 4 year manufacturers guarantee on eco-tech plus boilers, and 3 years on Eco-tec pro.

Come on joe, brain of britain like you should be able to do that yourself.
I mean, there's nothing to this gas lark is there? :mrgreen:

Sime here in the UK are a joke. Parts availability has been very patchy in the past. I've waited 6 weeks for a pump (non standard) before. AFAIR several years ago the UK operation went bust...parts availability then was non existant. So good luck buying one..you deserve it. Surely even you are not dumb enough to fall for a 10 year warranty :rolleyes:

But Ideal offer 5 years on (what you all say is) complete tat.

Not only that, I just looked at their warranty registration form and it says

"Name of installer (if known)"

Does that mean they really don't care who fitted it as long as you buy their boiler? Or am I reading that wrong?

BTW I'm not looking for a boiler, but like to know the best deal if (and when) I do.

Sime here in the UK are a joke. Parts availability has been very patchy in the past. I've waited 6 weeks for a pump (non standard) before. AFAIR several years ago the UK operation went bust...parts availability then was non existant. So good luck buying one..you deserve it. Surely even you are not dumb enough to fall for a 10 year warranty :rolleyes:

T&S Heating off a 12 year warranty (at a price).

BTW I'm not looking for a boiler, but like to know the best deal if (and when) I do.
[/quote]

You should go on that TV quiz show. Whats it called erm... oh yes....

POINTLESS

How do you know you will get it fitted for just over £200 inc. fittings, and to a cleansed standard as required by the warranty?

If you asked a mate for a price, but told him you didn't actually want one, I'm not convinced that the "quote" will stand if you ever get serious

[/quote]

You should go on that TV quiz show. Whats it called erm... oh yes....

POINTLESS

How do you know you will get it fitted for just over £200 inc. fittings, and to a cleansed standard as required by the warranty?

If you asked a mate for a price, but told him you didn't actually want one, I'm not convinced that the "quote" will stand if you ever get serious

I've known him for years. He's a good mate. I had the chance to sh*g his wife once but declined.
I would do a powerflush and he'd just do the actual fitting. Probably wouldn't charge me at all.

[
quote="joe-90";p="2634035"]I've known him for years. He's a good mate. I had the chance to sh*g his wife once but declined.
I would do a powerflush and he'd just do the actual fitting. Probably wouldn't charge me at all.
[/quote]

So you declined his wife, but you will screw him :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
I used to live in the flat above when I got divorced - GOD was she NOISEY!

:p :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back