socket from the shower circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Thank-you for the reply; I appreciate that it might overload the circuit but is the only available circuit from the loft.

The socket I am introducing, is for a bedroom on the wall next to the ceiling to provide power to a TV and DVD player on a bracket; is this likely to overload the shower circuit?

cheers

andy

Sponsored Links
you cannot take a socket from a shower circuit (unless the shower is now not in use, and you use the cable to feed the socket)

and reply in your other thread, DO NOT started new threads

i can't see any reason why not provided the circuit has sufficiant spare capacity. though its certainly not a conventional circuit.

If you are going to do this the easiest way is probablly to fit a 16A double pole MCB in a two module box. the terminals of the MCB will be plenty big enough to take two 10mm cables and then you can just run 2.5mm cable from the other side of the mcb to the socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back