Socket Set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks

So what make of socket set do you all use ?

I'm after a new set for my birthday Ive currently been making do with old bits that I had from my first ever toolcase

Sponsored Links
Do MK and Crabtree do socket sets :?:
I have a whole host of different brands that I have gathered over the years, even barrowed(and not returned from my dad.
But if I was pushed to say which I was most impressed with for value, likely to say Teng.

Do MK and Crabtree do socket sets :?:
I have a whole host of different brands that I have gathered over the years, even barrowed(and not returned from my dad.
But if I was pushed to say which I was most impressed with for value, likely to say Teng.

I dont think they do I think he saw Socket and missed the set bit ;) however I actually like the Crabtree Dado Trunking / sockets Owen

Sponsored Links
Call me Mr Grumpy but

what the *@4%% has that to do with electrics UK.

SHouldn't you be asking in the Petrolhead section (sorry I meant cars)?

Do you not have a socket set with your electrical tools TTC?

I have a set of the long reach sockets, as sometimes the bolt protrudes some distance through the nut preventing normal sockets to be used.
Especialy on busbars and old hrc main switches.
They usually are in a set of sockets only though .
I then got a good quality ratchet with a nice soft handle to use with them

I've also heard good stuff about the Halfords range. Personally, I have a Britool set in a hard carry case with a large range of standard sockets, about 10 deep sockets in some common sizes, various extension pieces, a ratchet and a T-bar. Has covered more or less every eventuality so far, and IMO better than having to purchase everything separately and then find a neat and tidy way of containing it.

Call me Mr Grumpy but

what the *@4%% has that to do with electrics UK.

SHouldn't you be asking in the Petrolhead section (sorry I meant cars)?

Mr Grumpy surely a good socket set is related to electrics especially within the industrial sector

i have britool, snapon, and others, the older they are the better, these days i get them from car boot sales or e-bay

I have the halfords pro socket's. They are really good quality and life time guartentee. I snapped one of my hex bits, took it back and they swapped it straight there and then, no questions. I like that you can start off with a basic set and add to it as and when you can afford/need it.
I have lots of 1/2" stuff, a bit of the 3/8" stuff and the 1/4" box set. I use them all the time on the car.
The 1/4" is really usefull to just keep in the car. Its on offer at half price at the moment:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_177537_langId_-1_categoryId_255215
an absolute bargain at £15 IMHO and has been really handy

Well, if you really want to treat yourself... Zyklop ratchet set. I refurb houses and I use my heaps... It makes life a lot easier. It's not cheap !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back