Socket switch cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
We have some computer equipment that our cleaners keep turning off.
Does anyone know where I can purchase something I can fit to a standard 3 pin plug which will cover the switch on the socket to prevent people accidentally turning it off? Even better if it had a "Do Not Switch Off" label on it too.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mainly because this is in an office (serviced, so getting anything done takes ages and lots of paperwork) that we'll be moving out of next month, so we just need a temporary solution (better than sticking duct tape over the socket :p) :)

We normally use red tags that attach to the plug top using velcro. That means do not switch off and normally has a date on it to say the period to remain active. If continuous then usually signed off every year by an area supervisor. Or you can get cards that the plug fits over although I don't know where we just have them here.

But in the long run it's down to training of the cleaners who should be able to recognise this and not touch the plug. We have the same cleaners constantly and if changed they are all trained. I am guessing you are using contract cleaners so have no idea who'll turn up. However, someone must be in charge of these guys who could easily pass on the information. RED TAG ON PLUG MEANS DONT TURN OFF.

Seems quite simple really, no?

Regards

Russell.

Sponsored Links
Seems quite simple really, no?
You'd think so, but I doubt they speak or understand much English.

I've since found the PlugLock at cpc which should be alright with a big "Do Not Switch Off" sticker on - maybe in multiple languages (well, it'll do for now).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back