sockets moved - how to fill holes

Sponsored Links
Picture with CU visor down showing MCBs, are the spares blanked or exposed?

Sorry you lost me there. How would I be able to tell?
You have RCD on left with yellow test button, then three MCBs going to the right of this, then two spares with no MCBs in, these should have blank plates over normally supplied white, the picture is either shadowing there existence or they are not there. You should not be able to but your fingers in to this area.

You have RCD on left with yellow test button, then three MCBs going to the right of this, then two spares with no MCBs in, these should have blank plates over normally supplied white, the picture is either shadowing there existence or they are not there. You should not be able to but your fingers in to this area.

Any better?

Sponsored Links
Picture with CU visor down showing MCBs, are the spares blanked or exposed?

Sorry you lost me there. How would I be able to tell?

There is a hole there, here's an image showing what I can see inside...

It's a dual RCD but the blanks are missing so you can poke you fingers straight onto the live busbar :eek:

Also there are two henley blocks between the meter and CU.
Oh and the tails are anbomination, and the inner insulation of the live tail is exposed where it meets the henley under the CU.

By the sound of it, things are getting worse and worse the more I show you.

If I get this bloke back, couldn't he just turn around and tell me what he's done is fine and be able to talk his way out of it?

I found him through the 'mybuilder' website, he had lots of positive reviews, was covered with NICEIC(?) and I double checked he was on the 'competent person' website.

Or, would you say that what he's done is to a very low standard and I would be better trying to get somebody else to come and fix the work?

Thanks for all your help so far.

By the sound of it, things are getting worse and worse the more I show you.
They are not getting worse, they were already like that before you showed us!
If I get this bloke back, couldn't he just turn around and tell me what he's done is fine and be able to talk his way out of it?
He may try but he would be telling you untruths, as there is evidence of non-compliances and likely lied on the inspection schedule.
I found him through the 'mybuilder' website, he had lots of positive reviews, was covered with NICEIC(?) and I double checked he was on the 'competent person' website.
Well he's either had a bad day, or those trade/builder sites are unreliable.
Or, would you say that what he's done is to a very low standard and I would be better trying to get somebody else to come and fix the work?
It's a low standard but get him back to sort it out.

If he not willing to do this or fobs you off, ask about his complaint log and report him to his scheme provider NICEIC, with regard to poor quality of workmanship.

I found him through the 'mybuilder' website, he had lots of positive reviews,

Probably from his relatives and friends.

Best to ask for recommendations from your relatives and friends. Neighbours are another good source.

I found him through the 'mybuilder' website

Ah, there's your problem right there. 'My builder'. This should have been electricians work, not builders. Always gets messy when builders touch electrics.

Waste of time that my builder site used to advertise my business on there and be invited to bid for jobs listed. Basically quoting the jobs blind and some of the stupid prices people put in are unbelivable.
Id never go on a site like that again.

Once it's all been sorted wiring wise...

Then make wood in fills and butter the edges with no nails, set the wood in the cavity and let it dry.

If you put a screw in the middle of the wood plug it allows you to set the wood near square.

After the glue has dried then skim with a wood filler, dry, rub down, paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back