Soffit vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into a Victorian semi which has recently(within 18mths) had all the facias and soffits replaced with PVC,also the previous owner had the loft, supposedly, professionally re-insulated, looking up at the house the other day and I noticed there are no vents in the soffits,is this the norm? I'm just wondering how the loft is being ventilated without them, theres no damp in the loft as I recently did some work up there and the surveyor didn't mention it in his 120 page report!
Is it a big job to put some in if necessary? thanks chaps

Sponsored Links
your main concern will be condensation which is only likely to occur during very cold spells where the interior and exterior temperatures greatly differ. this temperature differential will translate into beads of condensation forming on the underside of the roofing felt or membrane.

the fitting of vents allowing the movement of air can alleviate this, wether they are fitted to the soffit, overfascia or tile vents, all are acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back