Soil Pipe leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a 110mm soil pipe from my toilet upstairs, that leads into the ground just outside my back door. Recently a split has developed in the connector that feeds the pipe into the concrete. This results in everytime the flush goes upstairs, it ends up on my back garden - not nice !

Now I know nothing of plumbing and therefore have no idea what this things called, how easy they are to get hold of and how difficult it would be to replace. It sticks out about 6 inches from the ground.

Someone has suggested to me that its called a 'small pan connector' or multi-kwik ?

Any info gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
p1076802_l.jpg

multiquick :eek:

Excellent, thanks for the quick response !!

Does the soil pipe need sealing within this or is it just a push fit ?

:confused: Sounds odd to me
What's the pipe made of?
What's the connecting piece made of?
It could be clay/ earthenware, iron, plastic..... but I've never seen a pan connector used there.

Sponsored Links
this may help:

I'm really not sure what its made out of, but it is movable now its wet, i.e. its not concrete

Yes it looks like a multiquick pan connector. I understand you can get a gadget like this in black for joining plastic soil pipe to cast iron. I haven't used one myself though.

the proper things to use are Marley SA42 or Hunter S121. WC connectors really aren't man enough for this job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back