Solid Neoprene O-ring cord as Gutter gasket.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some dripping gutters that I couldn't locate proper seals for. I didn't want to replace the guttering because I'm thinking of getting the fascias done in a couple of years time.

I bought some Solid Neoprene O-ring cord from ebay 6mm and fitted that. 18 months on, no drips! So seems like a good solution!

The cord I bought is the round section solid(not soft foam) type, Chloroprene. It also comes in different diameters for different size gaskets.
It was a bit of squeese to fit, but a small footprint pipe wrench helped to get the clips back in.

Does anybody know of any better materials if the specific seals are not available?

Sponsored Links
Neoprene and EPDM rubber seals are used to seal stuff on buildings and have a very long life, so I can't see why there should be anything better than your seal, if its working now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back