Solid Wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to get solid wall insulation done, are there any terms I should write down to ensure the quote is comprehensive ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it you mean EWI?

Best bet is to start getting installers round, ask them how they would do it, and how they deal with reveals, gutters, downpipes, SVPs, window sills etc.

You'll probably find that mostly they do things their way, and that's it, but if you like how installer A does thing X but otherwise want installer B then ask B to do X.

I am looking to get solid wall insulation done, are there any terms I should write down to ensure the quote is comprehensive ?

Thanks

Make sure you fully understand these systems before you start planning the install. Many have been poorly installed and are starting to fail prematurely though there's no reason they shouldn't last 25 years so long as the install is properly managed. My advice would be to choose enhanced polystyrene insulation and to make sure it is glued and mechanically fixed. I wrote an article on these systems for the Construction Research and innovation Journal that you will find here...

http://www.maloneassociatesltd.co.uk/published-technical-papers.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back