Insulated Plasterboard For Solid Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing up my rooms and looking to re do the plaster i have solid walls which are really cold in the winter. So want to keep more warmth in my rooms.

Was looking at putting insulated plasterboard on the walls that are exposed to outside elements.

Is there any building regs that it needs to be certain thickness and u value?

Also any good makes to take a look at?

Kind regards Paul

Sponsored Links
no; notionally all houses are built to the regulations in force at the time they were built (including those old enough to be no-regulations)
All that Building Regulations mandate is that if you're carrying out notifiable work, that the finished state of the house is no worse (from a complying with regulations point of view) than when it started

Example - if you bang another 20 windows in your house, it will make it less thermally efficient, so regulations require you to beef up the insulation elsewhere so your home leaks no more heat overall

Yes that does come under building regulations. The minimum U-value you need to achieve is 0.30W/m²K. What thickness of insulation you need for that depends on the construction and materials in your wall.

Cheers,

for that u value i need is like 72.5mm-- 60mm insulation 12.5mm plasterboard.

Any makes you can recommend? Was looking at celotex PL4060.

Do I need to tell building control?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Strictly speaking you do but they won't lose any sleep if you don't. I'd go for the cheapest that provides the U-value. And always shop around because one minute one is cheaper the next minute the other. Look up Speedline products. The last large job I did they were cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back