Some FuseBox Unit switches up but some are down.

Sponsored Links
Don't know.

Possibly someone didn't like the comment that's it's not a fuse box, but a consumer unit.

Which of course is quite correct.

Your later remark about the unlabelled breakers perhaps being spares was bang on the money.

Maybe it's because you opened your post with that statement - who knows?
Perhaps that "someone" should own up and explain his/her censorship in a free speech country. We are not after all in North Korea.

I prefer to remove unused MCBs. And why do people feel the need to keep unused ones “off” :LOL:
I've never been one to have fitted spares but usually leave it in if I remove a circuit. I replaced 3 CU's recently in my rental properties but and my electrician automatically put them in and marked them spare.

Perhaps that "someone" should own up and explain his/her censorship in a free speech country. We are not after all in North Korea.
I take it you read the T&C's when you signed up...

Sponsored Links
I prefer to remove unused MCBs.
As a matter of interest, why? (to add to the spares in your van, perhaps?)
And why do people feel the need to keep unused ones “off” :LOL:
Well, it either has to be 'on' or 'off' - and if it's not supplying electricity to anything, then the latter might be thought to be the more obvious choice.

Kind Regards, John

Kind Regards, John
That is probably the most obvious reason, they are more likely to be used from the stock in the van than is a house.
Well, it either has to be 'on' or 'off' - and if it's not supplying electricity to anything, then the latter might be thought to be the more obvious choice.

Kind Regards, John
Also of course if it's off the eletwickery can't dribble out of the end, just like water in a tap.:oops:(y)

Kind Regards, John
It clearly confuses people. Very simple really.

Factually correct but pedantry and pointless
Rubbish. Other people also suggested they were spare MCB's with no labels. I also corrected his terms. Hopefully he has learnt something and won't make the same mistake again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back