Some FuseBox Unit switches up but some are down.

Sponsored Links
Perhap a pinned thread is needed - 'Read this before posting in Electrics UK'
It could include helpful information - such as explaining the difference between a 'Fuse Box' and a 'Consumer Unit'!
Woe betide anyone who should ignore this information, they will then fully deserve the full wrath of Winston! ;)

Sponsored Links
I don't really see why it would confuse them if it were labelled 'Spare' - or were you perhaps referring to "very simple" people? :)

Kind Regards, John
Though, IME, there are very many "very simple" people :(

More to the point "What's that braided cable doing that comes out from the inners of the CU"
911f4bce-2f22-56e9-8222-804d8891108b

Though, IME, there are very many "very simple" people :(
Maybe, although my comment was really tongue-in-cheek - I don't really think that is what Lectrician meant!

Are these people similarly confused by the concept of 'spare tyres/wheels', 'spare blades/whatever for their tools' etc., I wonder?

Kind Regards, |John

I would agree.

I would also say it is not necessary.
I agree with you, and so does another manufacturer as they don't fit it on an identical CU.

However without it, it's not 'as designed and supplied' by Contactum and without it's technically non compliant.

I agree with you, and so does another manufacturer as they don't fit it on an identical CU.
Indeed, which presumably means that you, and that other manufacturer, do not regard the absence of it as representing a 'danger'. Hence ....
However without it, it's not 'as designed and supplied' by Contactum and without it's technically non compliant.
In view of the rather strange definition that has crept into BS7671, you probably need to be careful about your use of terminology. I presume you mean that if the CU were used without the strap, the fact that it wasn't being used "as designed and supplied" would mean that it was technically non-conformant - since BS7671 now says that a non-conformity is only a non-compliance if it poses a danger :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back