Some good news on the Headlines right now.

But they are 2 points above us in unemployment - thats a million more people out of work
What you mean is they are above in the unemployment statistics

But unemployment figures have been fiddled in the U.K. for years

It is impossible to make any meaningful comparison

Sponsored Links
I see your research took you as far as a Spectator opinion piece
Spectator is a revolving door with 10 Downing Street.

Rishi Sunak was best man at James Forsyths wedding. Forsyth is political editor at Spectator and was taken on by Sunak as an aide.

Forsyths wife is Allegra Stratton, who worked in 10 Downing st for Johnson.

Cumming wife works at the Spectator

Spectator is a Conservative propaganda outlet.

So what you saying is none of it is true?

Or are you willing to accept this version of events.
Not exactly something you really want I'd have thought France and Germany at loggerheads.

I can’t help thinking that the UK dip in productivity is mainly due to the working from home culture

The UK hasn't been productive for decades.

Because "productivity" is the relationship between effort and resource inputs, and results.

Your postulate - that people are more productive when in an office (a gas fitter, welder, or widget maker can't realistically WFH) - is part of a lazy RW trope.

Typical RW bullshoite - "Work longer!" "Work harder! "Sweat more!" - is the incompetent boss' excuse for:

- unwillingness to spend money (invest)
- unwillingness / inability to adopt new methods and technologies

Is the bloke with a spade and wheelbarrow more "productive" than the guy in the mini-digger?

Sponsored Links
What's happened to ajohn? I never used to be able to follow what he was on about - made no sense. Had a break of months, now posting with clarity. Or did someone hijack his account? :unsure:

Always reminds me of the incomparable Stanley Unwin and, for that alone, makes me happy (y)

(He is a bit of a winker though ;) )

Just for context and the wider debate, I'm reposting this graph. We've had seven quarters with essentially zero economic growth! This is becoming a very big issue.

I don't follow the news much these days, so I hadn't really realised how bad things had got. We've now had seven quarters with essentially zero economic growth! It's no wonder things are so tight for this budget.

View attachment 335587

mottie has bought up every last straw available...

That's why he's clinging to the resultant 0.1% 'increase' :LOL:

mottie has bought up every last straw available...

That's why he's clinging to the resultant 0.1% 'increase' :LOL:
You’re just upset it’s not going in the direction you’d like it to go. Unlucky. :ROFLMAO:

Reality. Production per capita is down. Growth. Over a period of time it moves around by rather small amounts net effect really is no change but no recession.

Just for context and the wider debate, I'm reposting this graph. We've had seven quarters with essentially zero economic growth! This is becoming a very big issue.
There has been a big shift in wealth inequality over the last 14 years and it accelerated after covid.
We’ve seen a big drop in the disposable income of the low paid and middle class.

Overall that means the wealthiest have seen their stash get bigger….and that means they buy more assets.

My suspicion is that if you the majority of the population with less and less disposable income the economy gets stagnant as nobodies buying anything.

This is becoming your standard "don't question me!" strategy.
There’s nothing to question. I’m just quoting official figures, if anyone feels the need to question anything, they can take it up with those who produce the figures. No doubt they produce figure of their own based in their superior market knowledge.

Sponsored Links
Back