Something to die for?

S

subman101

Crumbs, I've just seen that the lady who died in the marathon has posthumously raised £140K for her charity. If she had lived, she'd have got about £500 I think.

Sad that she died, but what a legacy eh?

Sponsored Links
Hell of a legacy but not worth dying for.
Her poor family would rather she raised only £50 and lived, I'm sure.

Its the twitter age - everyone asks for RT or retweets ref someone doing something for charity. I guess she had a just giving page set up.

Fabrice Muamba alive + charities nil---Claire Squires died+ charities 400K +

What a load of shyte over a footballer who to date has done nothing, I think.

Poor Claire, her family must be devastated over losing their son now their daughter.

Sponsored Links
Hell of a legacy but not worth dying for.
Her poor family would rather she raised only £50 and lived, I'm sure.

I'm sure even the charity would have prefered her to present the cheque for £500 herself rather than receive much more money, but with her absent. A very sad story, especially for all those her knew her personally.

Obviously no amount of money can compensate for the loss of a young life or ease the devastation and sadness that her family must be feeling.
She had chosen to run for a charity, and if people feel that it would be good to contribute and leave a legacy in her memory that is good. if it was my son/daughter I would be pleased to think that something good could come out of such an awful tragedy.

I don't know what it feels like to lose a child and i sure hope i never do.

I would guess that her family at this moment hate the Marathon and all to do with it because it has taken way their daughter. Everything about it will only remind them about their loss.

Subsequent Marathons will also serve to remind.

They may give a cynical laugh that the death of their loved one has brought such a wealthy bonus to the charity knowing that had she been alive such an amount would not be possible.

They will be feeling cheated and raw for a long long time.

I don't know what it feels like to lose a child and i sure hope i never do.

I would guess that her family at this moment hate the Marathon and all to do with it because it has taken way their daughter. Everything about it will only remind them about their loss.

Subsequent Marathons will also serve to remind.

They may give a cynical laugh that the death of their loved one has brought such a wealthy bonus to the charity knowing that had she been alive such an amount would not be possible.

They will be feeling cheated and raw for a long long time.
But she entered the marathon of her own free will, she must have enjoyed what she was doing, the fact that she died so tragically is very sad, but we all do things that have the potential to end badly, you might be walking down the street, when a car mounts the pavement and kills you, we just don't know. That such an amount has been raised for charity, albeit by a sad event, should not detract, or blemish the memory of a much loved daughter.

Wotan

I do totally agree noseall no amount of money can ever compensate, I do realise that the family story, if you read it, is tragic and we cannot imagine for one moment the heart rending grief that they feel, it is a very sad story indeed. For reasons I do not wish to reintroduce into this post I did slightly edit my original, but hopefully it does not give the impression that I am making light of the tragedy in any way.

When I heard on the news this morning that a person had died in the marathon, I immediately assumed that it would be an elderly man. Instead it turned out to be a young woman. How sad for her freinds and family.

Considering how many people go in for the marathon each year, I'm surprised there are not more deaths. Many of the runners do very little training and then subject themselves to running 26 miles - not an easy thing to do. Maybe runners should be accepted into the race subject to a doctor's examination which could possibly highlight any health problems.

I am not suggesting however that this was the case for Claire who looked very healthy and the details of her sad death are not yet known.

I for one will be donating some money for her efforts.

Sponsored Links
Back