Property & Wills

Sponsored Links
There's Dork asking diynot a question, when he's always saying.....

When I've had something like this (twice) Ive seen a solicitor who asks the key questions which cover the certainty to 80% or so, but also says there could be uncertainty over 2-3 things.
Than see a barrister who nails down the 2-3 things to about half a thing.
Then well the other side what's been advised and how much more it'll cost them if they fight.

One still went to court - and lost, but cleared out in their own sweet time and with damage. So go to the HC.
Point out early, that a High Court Order to quit is immediate and without warning or argument and something else they will have to pay for.
Those were decades ago, now.

Ducks need to be in a row in all cases.
Any sign of intimidation by some stupid Dork will be to your Disadvantage. Everyone has a video phone.

There should have been tenancy agreements drawn up over the years, just as you would if you were charging rent, that detailed exactly who can reside in the property. And when the residents detailed on the agreements died, the locks should have been changed once the house was emptied.

I can't see how a bill of 15K had been accrued

Sponsored Links
It's not a Tenancy, it's a licence to occupy. People put these things in Wills all the time. Tenancies come with rights and obligations, a licence is always better.

My guess is 15k has been spent, defending the claim that the property passed to his mother, via his father who was gifted the property from his son. Arguing about the active economic contribution to the value, testing arguments with more senior legal bods.

legal execs are £200-250 p/h, partners/KCs £400-600 p/h.

Back