Sorry!!!! Lights again!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can anyone help please? I know lighting is covered on here but can't find the answer for my particular problem. Right I'm replacing the old plastic switches in my kitchen with new silver ones. Didn't note where which wires went and am now totally stuck!!!! There are 2 double switches in the kitchen. One by the back door controls the outside back door light on one switch & the 6 kitchen recessed spots on the other. The other double switch controls the same 6 recessed spots as the other switch an a different outaide light for the back garden that is on a motion sensor. Can't get anything working now!!!! Got 4 red wires to each switch and 1 black wire plus earths. Also dining room lights seem to have gone down now. Is it all fed on a loop of some sort?Have tried for hours all different wire combos!!!

Sponsored Links
you should have noted what goes where . . . as for all red wires, that makes things worse as you cant tell which has been fed between switches.

However, the black wires you have are almost defo switched live return to the lights that arent on the 2-way system. Wire these to the L1 of one switch.

Then use your multimeter to find which wire does which. ;) :LOL: :rolleyes:

We honestly cant help, since they are all red they could do anything, we cant determine anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back