Source for secondhand PCB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have an ideal Minimiser FF40 fitted in 1997. Had a few problems at first inc new PCB but after the Atmospheric fan sensing conversion it has been running well. Yes I do know about the reputation of these boilers. Anyway I'm now having problems again and suspect its the PCB as the light sequence is all wrong - fan and ignition spark works but prob no gas.

Dont fancy paying out loads for a new PCB but as so many of these boilers must have been dumped over the years does anyone know of some enterprising guy who might have some secondhand bits?

If I do have to replace the boiler I dont think it'll be another Ideal after reading your commets. You get what you pay for.

Cheers -------- Gosgos

Sponsored Links
you should get oit checked out properly as it may well e the gas valve rather than the pCB

:)

Thanks for that Corgiman. Just arranged for it to be checked out next week by the guy who fitted it. Wonder how much life a 12 year old minimiser has left in it?

Gosgos

Sponsored Links
get a cheap plastic bog brush and cut the handle down. perfect tool for cleaning the heat exchanger. ;)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help so thought I'd tell you the outcome. Trusted boiler man called this morning and discovered a very dodgy connection to the detection electrode so hey presto got it working in 30 mins. So very relieved it only cost £30.

Bit of egg on face for me as I just assumed it would be something horrible and expensive.

So I'm off for a beer tonight, thanks for your help and the bog brush cleaning tool needs to be patented.
Cheers GosGos

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back