source problem and correct method

itm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
plz ask my question
what is the source problems for the criteria below and suggest the correct method to solve the defect:
1. beam or column cracks
2. floor tiles cracks.
3. road premix ponding
4. concrete slab roof leakage.

somebody plz answer my question and give me the true answer because i need the answer as soon as possible.....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
plz ask my question
what is the source problems for the criteria below and suggest the correct method to solve the defect:
1. beam or column cracks
2. floor tiles cracks.
3. road premix ponding
4. concrete slab roof leakage.

somebody plz answer my question and give me the true answer because i need the answer as soon as possible.....

1) a dozen different things... none of them good
a) incorrect engineering calculation so incorrect steel/concrete call out
solution: tear it down and do it right before someone gets killed
b) unacceptable construction teqniques when the columns and beams were cast. solotion: none if the steel is incorrectly placed or the concrete the wrong spec or badly placed, then it doesn't matter how good the engineering was, the structure is still garbage.
c) external factors like earthquake or overstress. solution: same as above. if you are saying that the beams and columns that are holding your structure up are all cracked then the structure should be condemned.

2) look at the cracks... if it is one or two random tiles then pull them up and look underneith . if the substrate is sound, replace the tiles and move on. if however the crack is long and crosses many tiles in effectively a straight line, then the slab is probably broken from settleing and you need to confirm and address that before you do anything else.

3) bad preparation. solution: if it bothers you enough to complain then dig it up , fix the bed and repour correctly.

4) concrete is porus and if not reinforced, poured and cured correctly will
crack and leak badly. if you trust the structure , the seal it with an elastomeric or asphalt topping. also make sure the rook drains. standing water is the bain of all flat roofs.

if you are suggesting that you have one building with all these problems then i hope you are writing this from a safe distance away from it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back