Sourcing a Caleffi PRV.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if any of the unvented lads could help me source a 22mm 2 bar pre-set Caleffi combined pressure reducing/relief valve (EN1567)?
Cheers,
Servotech,

Sponsored Links
ask someone qualified to do the work your working illegally again i see

Are you it's 2 bar you need? And what PRV setting?

It might be helpfel if you can explain what your requirements are, as the nuances of your application will undoubtedly affect what set you require.

Mathew

Sponsored Links
he's obviously not actually sure what it is that he needs, not surprising as he's not qualified to work on unvented systems. I suspect its a 2bar reducing valve as often fitted to copper unvented cylinders, that often have the expansion valve bolted on, usually set at anything from 4-6bar.

RWC do an Inlet Control Group, available in either one piece (Multibloc) or two piece (Core Unit).

"Line strainer, Pressure Reducing Valve, Single Check Valve, Expansion Valve"

Try these guys http://www.advancedwater.co.uk They can usually work out what you want from a vague description.

Much appreciated (good site that); whilst it's not got the part I'm after it as given me another idea that might just fix the problem.

This is a photo that I took of the actual part.

And this is taken from the instruction book.

I'm now suspecting that it is a pre-plumbed unit and the company "Kingspan" are not willing to share their controls with any other!

There's nothing to stop non G3 plumbers diagnosing faults/ordering parts on unvented h/w systems (as long as they don't fit any).

I'm fully licensed anyway.

Servotech,

Is there no part number in the manual? What's the cylinder?

Mathew

No part number, just a phone number (which usually means your going to get ripped off big time).
Non the less I'll give them a call tomorrow.

The cylinder is a "Range Tribune HE".

I'm beginning to think that they want the customer to take out a service contract with them and are unwilling to supply independents with spares.
Servotech,

Spares are readily available e.g:

http://www.advancedwater.co.uk/sparesheader-512-088-TRIBUNEHE.html

Get in touch with them (or similar outfits that stock Kingspan/Range spares) and I'm sure they'd be able to help you out.

I'd be genuinely interested to hear how you get on as I will concede that there does appear to be a certain level of bespoke designs going on here. Your control set is of course just an amalgamation of standard parts but in a format that makes it practically non-interchangable with anything from another manufacturer or even the original manufacturer for that matter (these control sets do not form part of Caleffi's published product lineup) hence it is no wonder that the supply of spares is seemingly limited.

Mathew

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back