sourcing a gas valve

This is a simple heat only boiler. Only three pipes to connect! And five wires!

Hardly more than my budgetary £740 price to install and I don't intend to be the cheapest.

Even with an Intergas Rapid that would leave £1200 out of £2000 to cover installation .

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A update to close things off:

I discovered my dad has 'Home Emergency' cover as part of his buildings insurance. Rang them and they sent an engineer out today.

Gas valve is fine!

Problem was 'thermo coupler' (whatever that is) which he had on the van.

Sorted!

Letter of complaint going out to the dodgy engineer from last week.

Many thanks to all who have contributed.

A update to close things off:

I discovered my dad has 'Home Emergency' cover as part of his buildings insurance. Rang them and they sent an engineer out today.

Gas valve is fine!

Problem was 'thermo coupler' (whatever that is) which he had on the van.

Sorted!

Letter of complaint going out to the dodgy engineer from last week.

Many thanks to all who have contributed.
Was probably just after the work everyone with a Gassafe logo has got a universal thermocouple in the van.

It is worrying really that the new intake of boiler chaps and chappesses seem to really struggle with PP boilers.

As above I doubt he really didn't know how to fix it

Yeah Dan but misdiagnosing is one thing, saying the valve isn't available when it is, and then quoting big style for a new boiler is another.

I cringe sometimes hearing what is sometimes said to customers about the need to replace their boiler.

I cringe sometimes hearing what is sometimes said to customers about the need to replace their boiler.
Sorry I forgot about u tony when I said every gas engineer should have a thermocouple in the van.
Tony's thermocouple will be in his back pocket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back