Spain biting the energy bullet.

Sponsored Links
oh.how i used to love motor biking in spain no cops roads went on for ever, ah well all good things come to a end, italy hear we come :LOL:

Sponsored Links
That British Gas rise of up to 35% was a surprise and it is going to hit the elderly badly if we have a severe winter.
I got wind of it last week and switched to a fixed price until Dec 2009, the price increase was around 10%, which at the time I thought a bit too much, now I feel very lucky.
Slight problem though, I have received automatic acknowledgement which says I will receive details by e/mail, that was 5 days ago, can they back out now?

The UK needs to do the opposite ...... sort out the roads so that we can actually travel as fast as 50 mph. Then we won't be wasting fuel stuck in traffic for hours on end

The UK needs to do the opposite ...... sort out the roads so that we can actually travel as fast as 50 mph. Then we won't be wasting fuel stuck in traffic for hours on end

Travelling around 40k per year for the last 25 yeas I feel the roads are much quieter than they have been for at least 10 years..

Newbury to Reading I would join the que around 2 miles short of J12, now I sail up and onto the J11 Green park with no stops and very little slowing

I have been talking to various reps and they notice the same thing, it's like the school holidays came 2 months early..

Cheers

Richard

Does reducing speed limits on motorways lead to more savings on fuel economy(i think not) it's how you drive your car ..it's another back door tax colletcing scenario from speed camera's..Next thing you'll be hearing about is that car manufactories have done away with the forth and fifth gears on next generation of cars...Slowing down means longer times in deliveries...and so forth..Somebody try and tell a jumbo jet to slow down because it's using to much fuel..

It's all to do with wind resistance. A plane needs a certain speed to lift. Different argument altogether. Besides, how many speed cameras are in use on the M1? Ban gas guzzlers and enforce minimum fuel efficiency to 50 mpg on all new cars.

That British Gas rise of up to 35% was a surprise and it is going to hit the elderly badly if we have a severe winter.

Such an easy solution to solve, just burn the elderly, they all smell of cats pee anyway, make no contribution to society, unless they babysit of course, and they are flatulent, causing untold greenhouse gas damage. ;)

I am of course joking both my parents are elderly

Does reducing speed limits on motorways lead to more savings on fuel economy(i think not) it's how you drive your car ..it's another back door tax colletcing scenario from speed camera's..Next thing you'll be hearing about is that car manufactories have done away with the forth and fifth gears on next generation of cars...Slowing down means longer times in deliveries...and so forth..Somebody try and tell a jumbo jet to slow down because it's using to much fuel..

your fuel ecomemy dropps drasticly with every aditional 10 mph you travel above 50

if you had cammeras that could pick up and fine shop lifters muggers drug dealers ect would you complain ;)

what a brill idea!

Don't expect any brill ideas from Gordo and his clueless government of 4th rate nobodies. Didn't the Spanish government also give all tax payers a 500 Euro rebate to help them through the current economic woes?

Don't expect anything in the way of help for us. Gordo has nothing put aside for a rainy day (like now!), so if it were up to him, we will all end up in the workhouse! :(

your fuel ecomemy dropps drasticly with every aditional 10 mph you travel above 50

I've slowed down on the motorway and get an extra 40 miles out of my tank, the Mrs has too.

Anecdotally we've got other friends who've done the same and people on the M5 around here seem to have slowed down too - be interest to see if it stays that way now petrol is falling

You are going to get this yo-yo effect. We use less - and the price drops. Using more will create another shortage - and the price will hike again.

Sponsored Links
Back