Spam emails

Probably to do with the asiatic email account you created perhaps it'll be better to create a uk one next time?

I have a number of live.com email accounts all set up a number of months before setting up the one for this forum and have had no spam what so ever on any of the others.
but you specifically mentioned the asiatic account which i reckon is the culprit

I have a dedicated / individual live.com email account for each forum I am a member of i.e. one email address for each forum in other words they are not used for any other purpose but to receive notification emails from a individual forum. It is only this dedicated / individual live.com email account that is affected.

Sponsored Links
I also have an email address exclusively for my DIYnot user name. I have never received a spam email to that address. (it's different to the address in my profile)

I have a dedicated / individual live.com email account for each forum I am a member of i.e. one email address for each forum in other words they are not used for any other purpose but to receive notification emails from a individual forum. It is only this dedicated / individual live.com email account that is affected.
you have to be so careful with those asian accounts, best stick to a UK one next time

dont it get annoying when you get 10 emails a day telling you that you need help in your sexual tecniques, the 8 from my girlfriend i can handle but its the 2 from my mum that bothers me..

Sponsored Links
Why do you bother with all these different email accounts? There is absolutely no need for them. Is it an ego thing :rolleyes:

I have one for work, a private one, and a hotmail one for all the forum crapp. I rarly look at the hotmail one but it does a good enough job of filtering out the junk after a while - not as good as Gmail though.

Why do you bother with all these different email accounts? There is absolutely no need for them. Is it an ego thing :rolleyes:

That’s easy to answer; when I receive any spam from a particular email account it is very easy to speculate from whom the spammers got my email address. And if proved it makes it easy to sue for compensation, that’s if I haven’t unknowingly given permission for any of my details to be passed to a third party.

It’s not an ego thing it’s just me trying to protect my privacy.

I repeat I am not pointing the finger or accusing any one of any wrong doing or anything underhanded.

I have one for work, a private one, and a hotmail one for all the forum crapp.
Why do you bother with all these different email accounts? There is absolutely no need for them. Is it an ego thing? :rolleyes:

when I receive any spam from a particular email account it is very easy to speculate from whom the spammers got my email address.
I repeat I am not pointing the finger or accusing any one of any wrong doing or anything underhanded.
So, you say that DIYnot.com is the only party with knowledge of an Email address to which a lot of spam is being sent, but you're not pointing the finger at anyone.

How does that work?

I said it before i'll say it again, he's got an asiatic email account, nuff said!

AWBCM, I'm ever so sorry mate. I thought you wanted those nice emails.

I'll stop sending them to you now :LOL:

It's commonplace to get spam mail sent to almost any email account, they just make up the name & send to all derivations.

I said it before i'll say it again, he's got an asiatic email account, nuff said!
Not quite 'nuff for me, 'cos I don't understand why you think he's specifically mentioned an asiatic address.

It could well be that the account name is just quite an easy derivation, I've had my main email account for about 10 years now, the account name was picked before the deluge of spam mail, and so is easy to derive, consequently I receive tons and tons of spam email, most of it thankfully is filtered.

And, yes, if you want to know, it is a wide and eclectic mix of offers, lottery wins, pharmaceuticals, slightly more than risque viewing material :LOL:

The only gripe I have is that genuine emails can sometimes get filtered, which is somewhat annoying. I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet one day and run another email account in tandem, and educate the genuine emailer across before closing the old one down.

when I receive any spam from a particular email account it is very easy to speculate from whom the spammers got my email address.
So, you say that DIYnot.com is the only party with knowledge of an Email address to which a lot of spam is being sent, but you're not pointing the finger at anyone.

How does that work?

I would have thought out of pure common decency that admin or a moderator would have been one of the first to explain the forums policy is on its member’s details and third parties.

Sponsored Links
Back