Spam posts

Spark123 said:
Any thoughts on having to confirm email addresses? Are the email addresses these spammers use genuine or just made up?

Thats a good idea :idea:
Then you receive a password to continue registration,
but
even that has problems as it so easy to create an email address.
So no point, ah well the thorts are there.

Sponsored Links
Could somebody out there please explain what the word spam means and what's a "Spammer" ? I'm not much of a computer user and some of these terms lose me :confused: . Thanks in advance ...Kev...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam

The above link takes you to Wikipedia

Its an online encyclopedia where you an find answers to many things

Have you ever tried to Google for information?

I only post this as you say you are new to this game - its not taking the mickey :D :D

Thanks swelec. That explains a lot. Just added Wikipedia to my favourites ...Kev...

Sponsored Links
Cannot understand why they use such daft sounding names ... I guess they have a world target...

In a similar vein tis quite funny to read the odd bank scam email as text only - or, am I the only one recieving them?

:D :D

moderator said:
The problem is that "spam" posters go on a "spam poster" list If you post a reply to spam you may get put on that list solely because you replied to spam.

surely the problem is the way the spam post list is generated? a bit of tweeking of the code so only the op gets listed and all should be good?

Diyisfun said:
Spark123 said:
Any thoughts on having to confirm email addresses? Are the email addresses these spammers use genuine or just made up?

Thats a good idea :idea:
Then you receive a password to continue registration,
but
even that has problems as it so easy to create an email address.
So no point, ah well the thorts are there.

Maybe, but it would make it that little bit more awkward for the spammers, hopefully might even put them off knowing they MUST use a genuine email address. I don't know, is it possible to only allow email addresses provided by an ISP or is this going OTT?

Back