speaka da english

Sponsored Links
Advertised in my local paper, a vacancy at the NHS hospital for an Urdu and Punjabi translator 17K TO 21K

Another waste of NHS resourses :!: what about them learning english or paying for a translator themselves :evil: :evil:

It wont be a waste of money, if something is mis-diagnosed then that would be a waste of money. Maybe they are learning english but an emergency is an emergency, and then you can guarantee if they supplied there own translator they would be based at the hospital and would be free and charging more. Why dont you learn urdu and apply :LOL: i spent 2 years part time learning urdu at college and it really opens your eyes to some things and answer a few questions and myths. One that stands out for me was the word for plasterer, there wasnt a word for it. " Aap kia kaam kurtey he" What is your job "meh mistrey hun" i am a plasterer,bricklayer,roofer,painter and so on. There was no specific word for plasterer because you would be expected to do all the trades, thats why when ive done or even priced work for asian people ( mainly the older generation) they want you to or expect you can do most or all of these jobs whilst your there. :LOL:

the hosptial staff DO NOT and WILL NOT speak english and they do not see any reason why they should start which is fair enough in my opinion.

So this country invites your tourism and the money that comes from it but isn't prepared to look after you if you have the misfortune to become ill?

[edit] I for one assume that hospital staff want to help everyone no matter where they come from and if they get alot of English visitors then they would make sure they had someone to translate and I see no difference in expecting our hospitals in England providing translators for those that speak urdu, polish etc when they are more than eager to accept labour and tourism from these other countries.

That's the [problem - they are NHS tourists. Get a free heart bypass while you're here. Crazy politics. They can take out health insurance.

Sponsored Links
So this country invites your tourism and the money that comes from it but isn't prepared to look after you if you have the misfortune to become ill?
Translators are required for British citizens also in many parts of the country ... That's what comes from being multicultural ;)

We only treat tourists for emergency procedures under the NHS not elective work such as transplantation, cardiovascular etc.

No Trust would perform elective work on foreign nationals nowadays as, under payment by results, they wouldn't receive payment for it.

MW

Of course its important to have an urdu translator otherwise the patient may receive the wrong treatment!

What about a vet who treats a dog does the animal talk or just point moaing in diggish "it hurts here doc"

Advertised in my local paper, a vacancy at the NHS hospital for an Urdu and Punjabi translator 17K TO 21K

Another waste of NHS resourses :!: what about them learning english or paying for a translator themselves :evil: :evil:

One of the areas hospitals sent out a questionare asking if doctors should be required to speak 4 languages and I wrote YES AFTER they learn to spead DA English first.

In Queens NY they now have hospital signs posted in no less then 8 languages

In Queens NY they now have hospital signs posted in no less then 8 languages

Tell them to use an 'arrow'. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Jo the problem is they tried arrows in various colors (colours) and found out some males of the population are color blind and are non english speaking so the riots were more costly then having signs posted in every single language spoken on this planet.

They need to go back to having every one using hand signs like communicating with the deaf

Sponsored Links
Back