Speed Bump And Render Cracking Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after a surveyor coming to my house to have a look at my walls for cavity wall insulation he noticed a crack on my extension single story. I've never noticed this before the crack starts from about 6 inches on the pavement that butts upto my extension, and goes all the way to the top.

where the crack has started thats the location of the speed hump, im end of terrace so speed hump is the width of a pavement away from my property.

There is alot of vibrations whenever vehicles pass over the bump, do you think all these vibrations are the cause of my render from cracking? if so i will be making formal complaint to council to fix these issues.

I will take photos later on if anyone can give any advice will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Sponsored Links
There is alot of vibrations whenever vehicles pass over the bump, do you think all these vibrations are the cause of my render from cracking? if so i will be making formal complaint to council to fix these issues.
You will need to be on the ball regards proof on this kind of issue.

Before and after photo's, dates, impartial written comments from a structural surv£yor, etc.

hi thanks for the reply, i've sent them a letter so they can come and investigate it. sooner or later the render will fall off as its v loose atm. are they allowed to put a speed hump as close as 60" away from my house wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back